Don't leave just yet. Besides these articles, sometimes I send out extra special stuff. Don't miss out. Sign up here.
people are love and respecting (now).
Join the movement.
Most bloggers have really good stuff to say.
And then there is David and Sharideth.
Not only do they have good stuff to say, but they have both made me laugh audibly via tweets or posts. Because of that, I mentally created an online gang involving the two of them.
(Don’t judge. Sometimes online gangs are the only option for some bloggers.)
It is only fitting to make gang members fight from time to time to see who is the strongest. And I’d like to be able to tell you that the following was said to them in a misty alley at night time…but it was via email.
Follow the directions if you want to participate. David, if you don’t – Sharideth loses a leg. If she doesn’t participate, you lose an arm. Try to blog with one arm!! (Sharideth types with her toes, so her punishment is equally painful.)
You have 78 seconds to read and answer the first six questions. Set your iPhone timer. If you don’t have an iPhone then you aren’t cool enough to be guest posting for me. For the remaining 3.5 questions you can take a little more time, but you will be judged on your answers.
1. What is your favorite shade of white? (If you don’t know that there are multiple answers to this, then you may not have worn a wedding dress on your big day.)
I enjoy the seafoam green shade.
2. Do ALL dogs really go to heaven? (We all know where cats go.)
They are the only creatures who can function properly between both worlds without the molecules making up their body imploding.
3. What is your academic assessment of why I’m single? (In 4 words or less.)
4. What is your spouse’s full name and/or social security # ?
5. Why did you choose him/her/it?
She’s smoking hot. Oh, and she makes me a better man.
6. Where do babies come from?
China. Where everything else comes from these days.
7. You’ve been married for _____ months/years. What’s been an unexpected aspect of getting hitched?
4 Months. The most unexpected aspect is the actual realization that your dreams are not the only ones in the marriage. While they shouldn’t be swept under the rug and ignored for the rest of your married days, your spouse’s dreams and goals are to be nurtured just as much as yours. Give them room to dream and have personal goals without saying, “well, what about me?
8. Is there something about marriage that you can say, “I wish I would have known then what I know now?”
The fact that your relationship has “issues” doesn’t mean it’s doomed. Your abilities to have conversation and resolve the issues is what makes your relationship strong. If you’re not having some sort of fight in your relationship, some disagreement, then I believe you ARE doomed.
9. Some adults with concerned eyebrows might call your writing “colorful” or “odd” or “unladylike.” Well, here’s your chance to show them you are a lady and you love Jesus. Share a favorite verse and why. (I’m serious.)
I am a lady, like the one in My Fair Lady. 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you. In weakness My strength is made perfect.” This was my first tattoo that I keep on my left arm, my weaker arm. This defines not only our relationship with God through Jesus Christ but the foundation of our marriage. Where my wife is weak, I am strong and vise versa. Where we are both weak, God is strong. There is nothing that we can’t do through Him when we desire to do His will.
9.5. Why would Sharideth/David lose in any competition against you?
I have a switchblade made with unicorn bone (given to me by another unicorn). You can’t beat that. No matter what.
Love and Respect (Now) is a division of Love and Respect. Please be considerate.